BRIDGE respects its readers' right to privacy.
Our collection and use of information
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us, when you voluntarily give us that information via email or other direct contact initiated by you. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email or regular mail to tell you about BRIDGE updates through such means as a BRIDGE newsletter.
Our Web server also collects information in aggregate that is not personally identifiable. This information allows us to track general patterns, such as site traffic. When visiting this website the BRIDGE site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user's server address - this allows us to consider the visitors who use the site most, and tailor the site to their interests and needs;
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc.) - this allows us to tailor browser or platform specific parts of the site to each operating system because browsers act differently on each platform;
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org etc.) - this can allow us to tailor information relevant to different domains;
- the date and time of the visit to the site - this is important for identifying the website's busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded - this indicates to us which pages or documents are most important to our users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit - this indicates to us how interesting and informative our site is to our users;
geographic location - this shows us how well marketed our site is internationally;
- the site visited before the BRIDGE website - this helps us determine the interests of our users and which sites are providing links to ours as well as sites where we may be able to seek links;
Your access to and control over information
The BRIDGE website will only record your email address in the event that you send a message by email or if you register to the newsletter or BRIDGE website. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it (BRIDGE work). The BRIDGE partners will not use or disclose your email address for any other purpose, without your prior written consent.
This site contains links to other sites. BRIDGE is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. BRIDGE has no knowledge if cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked websites.
Need further information?